- 3 Pound bottom round roast
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 leeks, trimmed and washed
- Small buch of thyme and / or rosemary
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Let the roast beef sit out for 30 minutes at room temperature before proceeding to cook.
- Wash the vegetables and chop roughly. No need to peel.
- Break the garlic pulled into close, but leave on peeled.
- Place the vegetables, garlic and herbs in the middle of a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Drizzle the roast beef with olive oil and season with salt and pepper rubbing all over the meet. Place the roast beef on top of the vegetables.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and immediately turn the heat down to 400° and cook for one hour for medium beef. For Medium rare Take out 5 to 10 minutes earlier, for well-done beef let it stay in for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the beef is done, take the tray out of the oven and transfer the beef to airport. Let the beef rest for 15 minutes or so. It is good to cover the roast with aluminum foil and a tea towel to keep warm while preparing your gravy, horseradish sauce and/or Yorkshire pudding.
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup beef drippings
- With the three large eggs, an eighth of a cup of the beef drippings and the half a cup of almond milk in a medium-size bowl.
- Mix the arrowroot flour and the sea salt together.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Place the pan you or using ( 9×9 glass or popover muffin pan) in the 400° oven. Pans must be hot when you add the remainder of drippings.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour the balance of the beef drippings equally into the popover muffin tin or glass dish. Return the pan to the oven for approximately five minutes. You should hear the drippings sizzle.
- Remove the pan or dish again, and pour the batter over the beef drippings. Return to the oven.
- If using me muffin tin, bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is puffy and brown. If using a glass dish, bake for 30 minutes or until the top is puffy and brown.
- Remove from the oven. Serve immediately.