Paleo Chicken Mole
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Sea salt
- 1 (28 oz) can of whole tomatoes
- 1 Medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Dried ancho chiles, stems removed
- 1/2 c sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 large chipotles in adobe sauce
- 1/4 c White raisins
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/3 c of extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Season the chicken breast and chicken thighs with the salt. Place in a slow cooker.
- In the blender, purée the tomatoes, the onion, the ancho chilies, sliced almonds, chipotle, raisins, Chocolate, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, until smooth.
- Add the tomato mixture to the slow cooker, cover and cook on slow until the chicken is tender for eight hours.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce, top with chopped cilantro if desired and a side dish of peas with slivered almonds.