- 4 ripe plantains ( dark skinned)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Peel the plantains.
- Cut them diagonally into 1 inch pieces.
- Fried plantains in the skillet until they are golden brown. Make sure you flip them frequently so they don’t burn on one side.
Pollo en salsa
- 4 Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 3 Red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 4 Teaspoons of coconut oil
- 4 Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Salt-and-pepper the chicken breast, and cook until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken breasts when fully cooked to a plate
- Add onion and red peppers, cook until tender.
- Add garlic and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, and simmer until warmed through.
- Serve with fried plantains.