3 cups of almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of honey
Zest of a lime or lemon
1 tablespoon of Freshly squeezed lime juice or freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 quart of strawberries sliced
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup water
Zest of the lime or lemon
1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice or freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 13.5oz can of coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lime or lemon zest for garnish
Preheat oven to 325°.
1. In a Medium bowl combine the almond flour baking soda and salt.
Whisk the mixture to combine all the ingredients.
2. In a measuring cup beat thethe eggs lightly with a fork. Add the honey and the juice of the lime or lemon.
3. For the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir the dough until it is well combined.
4. Use a medium ice cream scoop or a large tablespoon to shape the shortcakes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
5. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes. Cool completely.
6. Combine the honey with 1/3 cup of water and a pinch of salt in a small sauce pot. Slowly simmer the mixture over medium heat stirring constantly until the honey is dissolved and the mixture is slightly thickened. Cool the mixture.
In a large bowl mix the sliced strawberries with the lime or lemon juice and the zest. For the cold honey mixture over the strawberries.
Set aside for at least 30 minutes to allow the strawberries to release their juices.
7. To assemble, open the bottom of the Can of coconut milk and pour off the liquid. Whip the Coconut cream with the honey and vanilla to soft peaks. Split each biscuit in half and place the bottom half on a plate. Top with the berries and whip cream. Place the top of the biscuit on the shortcake and garnish with the zest of lime or lemon.